Africa Energy Indaba, only three weeks away, is bringing together global and regional energy industry leaders and experts to attend the 8th annual event, kicking off in Johannesburg on the 15th February 2016.
Africa’s premier energy event continues to grow its line-up of stellar global and regional rainmakers and policymakers who are unlocking Africa’s energy opportunities and shaping the next two decades of Africa’s economic horizons. Dozens of senior executives and 11 African energy ministers have confirmed their attendance to date.
“Africa is at the forefront of the energy transition with some of the greatest challenges and best opportunities in the world. Without doubt, innovation and the ability to deliver and deploy the most effective solutions at scale will be fundamental to developing a sustainable energy future for Africa,” says Dr Christoph Frei, Secretary General of the World Energy Council, who is once again attending the event.
The high level status of speakers attending reflects the big investment opportunities in the spotlight on the continent and the importance that the Africa Energy Indaba plays in setting the African energy agenda for the future.
The two-day conference programme will provide extensive insight on how investors, governments, and corporates can come together to improve energy access across the continent, explore new energy resource opportunities, evaluate how to mitigate risks associated with investing in the energy sector, and identify the critical partnerships for ensuring the development and future sustainability of Africa’s energy industries.
Energy leaders and senior executives confirmed to speak include:
- Dr Christoph Frei, Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Silas Zimu: Energy Advisor, The Presidency
- Alison Chikova: Chief Engineer, Southern African Power Pool (SAPP)
- Dr Yves Guenon: Managing Director, AREVA SA
- Mosad Elmissiry, Head of Energy Programmes, NEPAD, NPCA
- Andrew M. Herscowitz: Coordinator, Power Africa and Trade Africa, USAID
- Brian Statham: Chair, South African National Energy Association
- Admassu Tadesse, PTA Bank President Elect & CEO
- Mike Rossouw: Special adviser to the South African Department of Energy
- Arthur Hanna: Senior Managing Director, Accenture Strategy
- Bonang Mohale: Vice President: Upstream; Chairman, Shell South Africa
- Bhavtik Vallabhjee: Director: Power, Utilities and Infrastructure, Barclays Africa
- Aaron Leopold: Global Energy Representative, Practical Action
- Johnstone Chikwanda: Chairperson, Petroleum Refinery-Indeni (Zambia)
- Omar Vajeth, Managing Director, Gold Key Energy
- Marc Partridge: Co-Head of Project & Structured Finance, Gazprombank
The African nations whose energy ministers are attending the event:
- South Africa
- Sierra Leone
Government officials from Sao Tomé and Principe and the USA will also attend.
The programme is continually being updated and the organisers expect more VIPs to confirm their attendance in the weeks to come. To stay up to date with the programme, to register as a member of the media, or to find out more, visit www.africaenergyindaba.com